Membership and Guest
- All Westmoor Active and Social Swim Tennis (SST) members, as well as their children under age 23, have pool privileges. All other family members are considered guests.
- All members and their guests must check in at the Registration Desk before entering the pool area.
- GUESTS MUST ALWAYS BE ACCOMPANIED BY A MEMBER.
- Guest privileges may be temporarily suspended if the Pool Director believes overcrowding will jeopardize the safety of those present.
Pool Safety Rules
- No one may enter the pool without a staff lifeguard present.
- Persons with communicable diseases or open cuts are not allowed in the pool.
- Horseplay, such as splashing, pushing someone into the pool, dunking or “chicken fights,” is not allowed.
- Children under 8 years of age as well as children who are unable to safely swim the width of the pool, must be accompanied by an adult or person 16 years of age or older.
- At the discretion of the pool director, all children who cause problems and do not follow the pool rules will be required to have adult supervision.
- Under no circumstances are lifeguards to be considered babysitters.
- Children who cannot safely stand or swim the pool width must be accompanied by an adult in the water.
- Sitting or hanging on lane guides is not permitted.
- Only lifeguards are permitted on lifeguard stands.
- Gum is not allowed in the swimming pool.
- Non-toilet trained children must wear “SWIM DIAPERS.”
- The Pool Director has complete jurisdiction over the entire pool area and has full authority to limit activities of children, members, and guests.
Diving Area Safety Rules
- Non-swimmers, including children with water wings, are prohibited from using the diving board and diving well.
- The diving well is for diving only.
- The ladder must be used to climb out of the diving well.
- Only one person is allowed on the diving board at a time.
- Only divers with permission from the Pool Director may adjust the fulcrum.
- Look before diving or jumping to make sure no one is in the diving area.
- Only ONE bounce is allowed on the diving board.
- Dive or jump only in a straight line from the end of the diving board.
- Cartwheels, handstands, and seat drops from the diving board are prohibited.
- Somersaults, back dives, inward jumps, and inward dives from the side of the pool are not allowed.
- Swim to the closest ladder immediately after entering the water.
- Unsafe activities may result in the loss of diving board privileges.
Locker Room Regulations
- Locker rooms are to be used only for changing and showering.
- Children’s use of the shower facilities will be limited, as showers and locker rooms are not play areas.
- Children are not allowed in ADULT ONLY areas.
- Food and beverages are not allowed in the locker rooms.
- All clothing and personal belongings must be placed in lockers or carried to poolside. Cubbies are provided for poolside storage.
- Swimmers must shower before entering the pool and after use of toilet facilities.
- Locker keys are issued at the Registration Desk. Only Active members may use the clubhouse locker rooms. Damp bathing suits must not be hung in clubhouse lockers.
- Members and their guests going to and from the clubhouse locker rooms and the parking lot must wear cover-ups.
- Any articles of clothing or towels found in the pool area or locker rooms will be kept in the pool building for one week.
- Towels are provided at the Registration Desk.
Pool Deck Restrictions
- Running on the deck is not allowed.
- NO FOOD ON THE POOL DECK. Food must be eaten only in specified areas at the Cottage. Beverages are allowed in lounging areas.
- Only food and beverages purchased from Westmoor are allowed. Bringing food and beverages from home or elsewhere is not permitted.
- Please place all waste in appropriate receptacles.
- Glass objects are not allowed.
- Portable radios or CD players will be allowed at the swimming pool only if the user is wearing a headphone set.
- Dogs or pets are not allowed.
- Roller blades, skateboards and bicycles are prohibited.
It is the spirit and letter of the dress code to ensure that members and guests always wear proper attire when using the facilities of the Club. Members are responsible for the attire of their guests and parents are responsible for the attire of their children. It is not the intent of this code to embarrass or harass members and their guests.
- Please be aware that our pool is a family oriented area.
- Bathing suits are permitted in the pool area and are expected to be in good taste.
- Blue jean attire is acceptable at the pool and Cottage areas.
- Cover-ups and footwear are required for members and guests when outside of the pool area, on the Cottage Terrace, and in the parking lot.
The following attire is considered inappropriate and will not be allowed at the swimming pool at any time:
- Thong swimwear.